Bachelor in OHS and in Soc. Sci.from Uni of Newcastle RABQSA Accredited OHS Lead Auditor, a member of the Safety Institute of Australia and undertaking further study.
Flexible onsite WHS services at regional and remote locations, advice and solutions to meet all your business’ WHS obligations and responsibilities.
Accident and incident investigations, auditing, design, implement and facilitate WHS management systems, document development & more.
Ed Laming, Work Health & Safety Expert
WHSF Senior Consultant, Ed Laming has Bachelor award degrees in Occupational Health and Safety and in Social Science (Economics, Sociology) from the University of Newcastle. Ed is a RABQSA Accredited OHS Lead Auditor, a member of the Safety Institute of Australia and is currently undertaking further study in Occupational Hygiene.
Ed has over 20 years’ experience as a Work Health Safety compliance and practice specialist, providing expert advice and auditing in the mining, construction, agriculture, hospitality and education sector. Ed Laming is a professional and approachable WHS expert, with whom you will easily develop a rapport, you will appreciate his client focused solutions and practical advice.
Ed has undertaken WHS projects with Weston Aluminium, Melcann, Cement Australia, the Department of Corrective Services, BHP Billiton mine sites, Veolia Water, Spotless Services, QANTAS and Coca –Cola Amatil, State Government agencies, Local Government, RTO’s, Charities and Owner Managed Businesses.
“Ed and I worked together for many years; his knowledge of WHS is deep and extensive. Ed is a passionate WHS professional; he initiated and implemented a systematic approach to WHS in our workplace. Ed drove many workplace improvements at our workplace including; identification of toxic shortfalls in indoor air quality, electrical distribution board overloading, air conditioning hygiene, emergency management regimes, manual handling and fire safety. In addition, Ed provided clear direction and advice to workplace consultation committees and their arrangement. He is professional, cheerful and conscientious, always happy to help. Ed is an inspiring WHS advocate, whether it be a toolbox talk or in a public forum.”Greg Thompson
“Ed Laming has worked on a number of technical product risk management projects for us. We have found Ed to be an excellent WHS Consultant; he possesses extensive knowledge and multi industry experience. Ed is extremely approachable, customer focused and proactive.”e.Rob Eddy
“Ed Laming is a brilliant WHS Practitioner, establishing essential WHS guidelines for our small business. He was instrumental in educating us about our WHS obligations and particularly helpful with our plant and equipment maintenance regimes.”Roberta Hughes
Work Health And Safety Forensics
Work Health Safety Forensics (WHSF) is an Australian Work Health Safety Consultancy based in Port Macquarie, New South Wales.
Our core WHS services provide the best opportunity for your business to thrive; our advice and solutions provide the best cost effective options for meeting your business’ WHS obligations. We address your WHS legal responsibilities to your workers, customers and the community in compliance with harmonised State and Commonwealth WHS Legislation. Our intent is to improve your business, raising your returns to enterprise. Our approach is multi-disciplined, science based and cost effective. WHSF provides advice appropriate to industrial forensic settings and proven safe praxis.
We provide flexible onsite WHS services at regional and remote locations. Our experienced Consultants are well versed in ‘hands on’ industrial safety management. They will use their deep knowledge of current work health and safety (WHS) legislation, regulation and quality benchmarks to inform and advise on your firm’s WHS performance. Engaging the advice of WHS Forensics ensures actual due diligence to workplace risk management, legal WHS compliance and practical WHS administrative duties.
We offer independent reliable third party inspections for; compliance, hazard ID, risk assessment, auditing, and reporting. and benchmarking to Australian Standards, ISO Standards, various industry group and peak body standards and performance specifications. Engaging WHSF’s strategic pre-emptive WHS advice will increase workplace morale, initiate a safety culture within your business reducing the potential for accidents whilst encouraging legislative compliance and improving your business productivity resulting in:
- less lost time
- less staff retraining and the need for casual labour with associated replacement costs
- lower workers compensation premiums
- more efficient production management.
Our dedicated and well informed specialist staff own broad practical industrial experience, and are tertiary educated professionals. We offer our clients a comprehensive range of resources to drive and administer WHS compliance and practical maintenance of safe workplace conditions in any industrial setting. Based around hazard identification and practical risk management strategies, we will provide a range of effective solutions for your organisation. We seek to minimize costs while still maintaining compliance to WHS legislation. WHSF will listen to your concerns and risk assess your current WHS practices and systems. WHSF will advise on your WHS needs, and suggest practices to enhance implement and facilitate systematic safety management.
Our Work Health And Safety Services
• Accident and incident investigation – we use various root cause analysis methods.
• Auditing – we will audit your systems to Australian and ISO standard benchmarks.
• Design, implement and facilitate WHS management systems to recognised national and international benchmarks; develop appropriate compliance instruments.
• Document development: OHS Management System elements, SWMS, SOPs, JSAs.
• Due diligence mentoring of PCBUs around prescribed WHS systems and regulations.
• General safety reports; as informed by brief ‘walk through’ workplace inspections.
• Expert Witness services.
• Formal Incident and accident investigation reports.
• Mentoring Staff – we will mentor your staff in WHS practice and procedures.
• Mentoring and support for Workplace Consultation arrangements and compliance.
• Operational safety risk identification and management.
• Risk assessment – hazard analysis and risk control proposals for new equipment.
• Risk assessment of workstations, work processes, plant and plant operations.
• Risk controls for workstations, work processes, plant and plant operations.
• Risk registers – develop risk and hazard registers to comply with WHS regulation.
• Safe work procedures – individual development tailored to specific machinery.
• Safety Management System (SMS) development and implementation, partial to total.
• Statistical analysis of lost time epidemiology, illness risk data and causal factors.
• Strategic advice to counter high trending injuries, identifying inherent causation in work practices, informing design of counter measures mitigating risks.
• Training needs assessment and customised delivery; toolbox talks to formal training.
• Whole of business WHS risk assessment and compliance gap analysis reports.
• Workstation amenity, ergonomics and fitness for purpose safety inspections.
• WHS consultation committee/HSR implementation.
WHSF offer a competitive fee structure, personal service, unlimited support and practical value driven WHS solutions. We belong to the Safety Institute of Australia.